Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Written by an incoming freshman

I found this on CBSsports. An optimistic young DAWG fan.


I was inspired to write this article on Friday evening when I was accepted to the University of Georgia.

I have been ecstatic the last few days, and I cannot wait to graduate and walk across the campus as a student at my dream college.

There is already a lot of excitement surrounding the future of Georgia football.

With fresh coordinators and coaches coming in, there should be some extra motivation and desire going into the 2010 season.

The recruiting class of 2010 should not disappoint.

Five-star prospects like wide receiver Da'Rick Rodgers and safety Alec Ogletree have been described as "special" and "intimidating" according to Scouts.com.

As a member of the Class of 2014, I can't wait to watch my peers make an impact on the football field as I make an impact in the stands.

Along with all the impact freshmen coming in, the Dawgs also bring back a lot of experience on both sides of the ball and, as usual, talent can be found up and down the roster.

We should be prepared to see talented redshirt freshman Aaron Murray at quarterback. After having a whole year to learn the playbook and hone his skills, Murray should be ready to come in and be the leader that he has shown he can be.

Even if Murray shows his youth to start the season, he should be able to distribute the ball to Heisman hopefuls A.J. Green and Washaun Ealey.

Not to mention he should have plenty of time to pick apart defenses behind an even deeper offensive line.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Dawgs will bring back plenty of veteran players, despite losing Jeff Owens, Geno Atkins, Prince Miller, and, most likely, Rennie Curran and Reshad Jones.

The new defensive coordinator should be able to overcome these setbacks with the wealth of potential and talent that the Bulldogs have.

So what can I say?

The Bulldog Nation has a lot to look forward to these next four seasons.

I can't wait to see what these guys have got, and I can't wait to attend my university.

Look out, Bulldogs!

The Class of 2014 is bringin' home a national title!

Go Dawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search